Microsoft Fundamentals Exams
The pathway to AI, Data Science, and Cloud Computing
We are excited to announce that MSIA members now have access to five (5) Microsoft Fundamental exam vouchers for educator professional development. Your MSIA professional development benefit now includes 5 Fundamentals, 5 Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE), 10 Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), and 10 Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exam vouchers. This change will be reflected in the Educator Development page on the Member site April 1, 2020.
The Microsoft Certified Fundamentals exams are the pathway to fully understanding all about cloud computing. This set of exams is the starting point for students who are looking to start a career in artificial intelligence, data science, and cloud computing. With the usage of big data and artificial intelligence on the rise, the demand for data scientists is not being met—and the gap is widening.
Help your students get on the pathway to a prosperous career by administering Microsoft Certified Fundamentals exams in your classroom.
Learn more about the exams:
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (Exam AZ-900): This exam measures the ability to understand the following: cloud concepts; core Azure services; security, privacy, compliance, and trust; as well as Azure pricing and support.
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (Exam MS-900): This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model.
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (Exam MB-901): This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365; artificial intelligence (AI); mixed reality (MR); the Power Platform; cloud concepts; cloud security; Dynamics 365 security; Common Data Service; Dynamics 365 reporting; Dynamics 365 integrations; and cloud deployment.
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals (Exam PL-900): This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate the business value of Power Platform; understand the core components of Power Platform; demonstrate the business value of Power BI; and demonstrate the business value of Microsoft Flow.
Additional details to purchase student exams:
- You can choose from the 4 Fundamentals exams if you have purchased either the 500 Multi SKU or the 125 MTA/MCE SKU.
- Fundamentals exams are available in VL Multi-Cert SKU licensing – added to the mix of MOS, MTA, MCE – this addition provides more features and flexibility in the existing multi-cert license, but no additional cost to you.
- If your school already has the Multi-Cert SKU license – either the 500-exam license or the 125 MTA-MCE combo pack license, the Fundamentals exams have been automatically added to your inventory as an option.
- If your school is interested in purchasing the Multi-Cert SKU license with Fundamentals, please talk to your Microsoft Education Reseller. Keep in mind with the Multi-Cert SKU, schools are able to leverage more than 50% discounts on the exams in the site license via academic pricing compared to purchase of individual exam vouchers.